- Have you founded and run a small business or enterprise?
- Are you also a graduating high school senior starting a two or four year college in the fall of 2013?
If so, you’re encouraged to apply for an
NFIB Young Entrepreneur scholarship!
Every year the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) Young Entrepreneur Foundation offers scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $10,000 to recognize students who have shown an entrepreneurial spirit and initiative by starting their own business.
Dedicated to spreading awareness to young people of the important role of small business, entrepreneurship, and the American free enterprise system, the Young Entrepreneur program has since awarded 2,095 scholarships totaling over $2 million to high school seniors. (Source: NFIB.com)
Key elements of the process:
- Applications due Dec. 17th, 2012, which includes an online portion and a typed 1,000-word essay describing your entrepreneurial experience and involvement in small business.
- After all applicants are reviewed, semi-finalists will be notified by mid-January.
- Semi-finalists will be interviewed by an NFIB member.
- Award winners are selected by an outside scholarship organization, based on merit rather than financial need.
Applications are due by December 17, 2012!
Learn more about the program, check out the 2012 Award Winners,
and apply HERE!