Hey Twin Cities YSEers in 5th-8th grade!
Have you been feeling really anxious and overwhelmed about the new stresses of middle school? Worried about how to deal?
Anxiety in Teens is hosting a fantastic day full of workshops, support, and community just for pre-teen and teen girls! The girls-only event will be guided by wellness and confidence coaching experts in a fun and relaxing setting. You’ll get all the tools you need to overcome anxiety and be inspired to take on the New Year with a fresh perspective. And you might make some life-long friends!
Saturday January 9th, 2013
9:00 – 4:00 p.m.
1000 LaSalle Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55403
Middle school girls in 5th – 8th grade
(Girls a bit younger or older are also welcome!)
$65 Early Registration before Dec. 31st , 2012
$75 Regular Registration up to Jan. 19th, 2013
Fee includes breakfast, lunch, snacks and weekend workbook.
* Scholarships are available with limited space!
- Learn the power of relaxation and mindfulness through a beginner’s yoga class.
- Develop self-confidence skills through fun, interactive workshops.
- Meet other young women who are going through the same things as you are!
- Dive into deep reflection groups and learn how to take the skills you’ve gained from the weekend and apply them at home & school.
Speakers and Workshop Leaders:
- Kristi Hemmer is the founder of 168 Coaching for young women and designs workshops for girls to bridge the inequities of the world. As a teacher, school counselor, and principal for the past 20 years, she knows well the challenges that girls face and is committed to working for change.
- Katie Jasper is a Functional Nutritionist, Yoga Instructor (RYT) and fitness enthusiast. She is passionate about working with individuals through external obstacles toward internal balance and sense of collectedness.
- Solome Tibebu founded the nonprofit Anxiety in Teens in 2006 as an anxious 16-year-old to fill the need for online resources and community tailored to teens. As a mental health advocate and technology explorer, she also developed the Cognific technology, an innovative tool for cognitive behavioral therapy providers and patients. Solome is a recent graduate of the University of St. Thomas.
For more information and to register, click HERE!
Learn more about Anxiety in Teens at: www.anxietyinteens.org.