For years, people of color were largely absent from the ranks of North American corporations.
In 1970, a nonprofit called INROADS launched in Chicago to change that trend by increasing the representation of ethnically diverse employees in corporate management positions across the U.S., and helping to change the way these candidates gain entry into the corporate world.
Today the nation-wide INROADS program builds partnerships with top companies, offering professional paid internships in business and industry to highly motivated minority undergrad students.
As INROADS interns, students embark on a challenging self and career development training process in preparation for corporate and community leadership.
Program benefits include:
- Great experience for your career after graduation.
- A paid multi-year internship with a leading Fortune 500 company, and customized training for your career goals.
- Fantastic networking opportunities with peers, corporate execs, and INROADS alumni.
- Rewarding community service.
- Professional and personal mentorship from an INROADS manager as well as a corporate mentor.
- Scholarship opportunities and tutoring services in select markets.
Local company sponsors at the St. Paul Regional Office include GE Capital Fleet Services, Target, Mayo Clinic, US Bank, and Deloitte.
Ready for INROADS?
Learn more about the program requirements and apply online HERE!