The Sundance Family Foundation is partnering with Youthprise to focus on Youth Social Entrepreneurship (YSE) in the Twin Cities! We are looking to hire a passionate changemaker to work with us on this shared project.
Applications will be accepted until December 1, 2013.
The Youth Social Entrepreneurship (YSE) Intern is a part-time, 30 hour/week position shared by the Sundance Family Foundation (SFF) and Youthprise. This internship will provide an opportunity for youth to engage in transferable, professional experience, while making meaningful contributions to build the Youth Social Entrepreneurship (YSE) field in Minnesota. The position involves a major research component through which the intern will be tasked with outreach, data collection and processing for a YSE Research Project. The YSE Intern will be an active part of the Youthprise Youth Innovators Collective (a Collective of youth, aged 18-25, who engage in authentic, transferable professional experience while making meaningful contributions to programs and services for youth across Minnesota), attend Youthprise staff meetings, attend conferences and work on the Collective’s projects. The intern will also support SFF’s YSE program by working closely with the SFF Foundation Manager to further the foundation’s YSE goals.
The ideal applicant will have an expressed interest in the field of Youth Social Entrepreneurship and experience with data collection and research. In addition, the intern is expected to be a good communicator, self-motivated and be able to create and maintain professional relationships out in the community.
- Work with the Youthprise Research Team on outreach and data collection for YSE Research Project.
- Use Microsoft Excel to collect, organize and analyze data.
- Create quarterly Research Reports to share with the MN YSE Collaborative.
- Participate in the Youthprise System-Building Initiative.
- Promote and Maintain the SFF’s YSE Social Media Platform.
- Provide SFF YSE Program Support.
- Participate in Youthprise Innovators Collective.
- Participate in SFF Board of Directors and Executive Team meetings.
- Attend weekly check-ins with SFF Consulting Manager and Youthprise Supervisor.
- College degree preferred, at least 2 years of college coursework required.
- Must be energetic and have demonstrated experience working with youth.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team, in a multi-generational, learning-based environment.
- Self-motivated, proactive and displays initiative.
- Experience with research methods and data collection.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Commitment to youth and the essential engagement of all youth throughout society.
To apply for this position:
Apply online HERE with a letter of interest, résumé, a brief writing sample, and if possible, samples of your social media work.